Netzwerk Smart City Berlin
Smart City Berlin Network
Driver for innovations & commitment for Berlin
- The Smart City Berlin Network is a working group initiated by Berlin Partner for Business and Technology and TSB (Technology Foundation Berlin) that includes more than 100 companies as well as science and research institutes from Berlin that seek to promote Berlin as a smart city and want to see Berlin ranked among the leading smart cities in Europe.
- The Smart City Berlin Network is committed to making Berlin a city of the future for citizens as well as the private and public sectors, which will work together in a new, smart urban culture / society to make Berlin a national and international innovation leader. Berlin will be seen as an urban laboratory, showcase and reference city for products and services of the future.
- The Smart City Berlin Network was actively involved in shaping the smart city strategy of the state of Berlin. Not only is it seen as a supporting driving force behind this development, but also as an implementer and network generator.
- The Smart City Berlin Network is an ambassador for Smart City Berlin and dialog partner for policy makers. It also provides strategic impulses, namely by developing the Smart City Berlin Charter (German) and the vision for Smart City Berlin.
What the Smart City Berlin Network offers:
- Open high-level Smart City Berlin Network
- Experience in initiating, developing and implementing projects
- Support at conferences and workshops, e.g. Metropolitan Solutions / APW, Smart City Summit (German)
- Acquisition and participation of committed partners
- High integration and synergy capacity of (flagship) projects
- Rapid ability to implement through narrow and strategized cooperation of all parties involved
- Effective use of the multiplier effect
- Science and industry as reliable partners on the road to Smart City Berlin
- Visibility of success in application
- Smart City Berlin as an urban lab with numerous testing fields in which network partners are very actively engaged (e.g. TU Berlin Urban Lab, Campus Charlottenburg, etc.)
- Direct communication with Berlin policymakers
- The network is a partner for H2020 applications