Green Buddy Award 2023
20. March 2023 – For the twelfth time, the Green Buddy Award is looking for young people up to the age of 25 and companies that are committed to environmental protection and sustainability. As part of this, together with the Investitionsbank Berlin (IBB) we award the prize for Smart City solutions throughout Berlin. This category, initiated and sponsored by Berlin Partner and IBB, is aimed at established as well as young companies that have implemented or developed an innovative and often cross-sector solution or project in the field of smart cities. Smart city-related companies work with the help of information and communication technology as well as resource-saving technologies and often with the use of network thinking on solutions that
- reduce the consumption of resources,
- optimise processes,
- increase the quality of life of the citizens and/or
- the competitiveness of the local economy in the long term.
These solutions are used, for example, in the areas of administration and urban society, housing, business, mobility, public safety and infrastructure.
This year, the Green Buddy Award from the Tempelhof-Schöneberg district office will be awarded in three categories across Berlin, with the other three reserved for applicants from the Tempelhof-Schöneberg district.
Applications from all over Berlin are welcome in the following categories:
- Waste prevention / Reduce, Reuse and Recycle
- Smart Cities solutions
For the Tempelhof-Schöneberg district, the Green Buddy Award is offered in the following categories:
- Production, Services, Crafts
- Young Green Buddy Award
- Renewable energies
The deadline for applications is 24 April 2023. The award ceremony will take place on 29 June 2023.
The winner receives an individual Buddy Bear, 2000 euros in prize money and a certificate.